Isabel is used by clinicians worldwide to help manage clinical uncertainty by matching clinical features to diseases. Isabel provides inspiration when you need it most and has set a new industry standard for accuracy, ease of use and breadth of coverage.
Why clinicians use Isabel:
Quick and easy to use
Ability to enter multiple clinical features in free text
6,000 diseases and 4,000 causative drugs covered
Fully compatible on all devices
“ A reduction in the time taken to use the DDX generators was seen with newer tools such as Isabel and this may increase their acceptability in routine clinical practice. ”
Riches N, Panagioti M, Alam R, Cheraghi-Sohi S, Campbell S, Esmail A and Bower P. The Effectiveness of Electronic Differential Diagnoses (DDX) Generators: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. PLOS On March 8, 2016.
Isabel, which uses natural language searchers and a real-time synthesis of medical literature, is the best thing I’ve seen out there.
- Robert M Wachter, MD, Professor and Assoc. Chair, University of California
Isabel suggested the correct diagnosis in 98% of cases. Decision support systems can help doctors avoid falling victim to premature closure.
- Mark Graber, MD, Chief of Medical Service at the VA, Northport, NY, as quoted in the Wall Street Journal
Isabel has saved me and a few patients a lot of woe...
- Bob Eanett, MD, Watson Clinic, Lakeland, FL, USA
I was really sceptical of Isabel at first thinking it was going to replace our brains, but having used it a number of times it’s actually a way to make our thinking better... It’s a really exciting time to see technology help us. Our brain is still the most important tool in the job... but having Isabel just makes us better diagnosticians and better physicians.
- Andrew Olson, Chief Resident, University of Minnesota Medical School
The value of Isabel is the fact that they have amassed such a large differential diagnosis that it makes you think about abnormal diagnoses much more. Physicians can’t ignore the fact that we can’t remember everything, and we have to learn how to take advantage of tools such as this.
- Neal Thomas, MD, Asst Professor of Pediatrics, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine
Isabel ensures that I consider the broadest of differential diagnoses and prevents diagnostic tunnel vision.
- Andrew Winrow, Consultant Paediatrician, Kingston Hospital NHS Trust, UK
I find Isabel so useful in providing patient care and in teaching house officers. You are worth your weight in gold. Thank you for such an informative website.
- Margaret Hostetter, Professor and Chair, Yale University School of Medicine
ISABEL is a powerful and wonderful tool that is useful for both advanced clinicians and learners. For the experienced, it can serve as a reminder of the zebras that we sometimes overlook. For learners, it can be used as a tool to help build their differential diagnoses skills. It truly is a gift in caring for patients.
- Joseph Schneider, MD, Chief Medical Information Officer, Children’s Medical Center, Dallas, Texas